header/navigation

LLLHeader2
Lavnav2_v4

Friday, May 24, 2013

Not Abandoned! Have a Smoothie Recipe

Oh dear. I sort of fell off the blogging cliff in the past few months.

Sometimes hobbies are sort of seasonal for me. And sometimes I get discouraged because I set goals for  myself, then I don't make them, and then I sort of give up for awhile. It happens to everyone I suppose. Though for hobbies which are supposed to be fun, I don't think I need to hold myself as accountable as I have been.

We'll see how that goes for awhile.

Anyway, since I'm here, I have a smoothie recipe to share. Smoothies are my favorite mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack. I got into them because it was a sneaky way to make myself eat fruit. I like making them with frozen fruit because I like icy-ness in my smoothies, and I usually make them with soy milk or yogurt for extra protein.

PeachMangoSmoothie

Serving size: A little under 12 oz

1/2 large banana (peeled and sliced)
1 medium peach (cut up, with skin, it's where the good stuff is)
1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
1/3 cup soy milk (normal, not vanilla or any of that sugary stuff)

photo 1

Pop everything in your blender. Blend blend blend!

Pour into a 12 oz glass and enjoy!

Follow the jump for nutritional facts!



Nutrition Facts

User Entered Recipe
  1 Serving

Amount Per Serving
  Calories 178.2
  Total Fat 1.8 g
      Saturated Fat 0.3 g
      Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8 g
      Monounsaturated Fat 0.5 g
  Cholesterol 0.0 mg
  Sodium 35.4 mg
  Potassium 632.0 mg
  Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
      Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
      Sugars 30.5 g
  Protein 3.7 g
  Vitamin A 27.4 %
  Vitamin B-12 16.5 %
  Vitamin B-6 23.5 %
  Vitamin C 57.9 %
  Vitamin D 9.9 %
  Vitamin E 8.9 %
  Calcium 16.5 %
  Copper 10.9 %
  Folate 9.7 %
  Iron 4.2 %
  Magnesium 11.2 %
  Manganese 7.9 %
  Niacin 8.9 %
  Pantothenic Acid     4.5 %
  Phosphorus     5.9 %
  Riboflavin 16.9 %
  Selenium 2.2 %
  Thiamin 6.0 %
  Zinc 1.8 %


*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment