header/navigation

LLLHeader2
Lavnav2_v4

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Weekly Wednesday Envy: Ankle Boots

I made ankle boots my weekly Wednesday envy this week because I don't understand them! I have two pairs, one I've had for over a year, and I don't know how to wear them. I'm short, so they seem not to look right with skirts, but I'm not sure how to wear them with jeans. In case you're in the same boat, here's some inspiration to help you not give up! And after the jump I have more help!

ankleboots1 ankleboots2
ankleboot3 ankleboot4


This is the best real world picture guide I've found on how to wear ankle boots with jeans.

Here's my best how-to-wear-jeans-with-ankle-boots advice for what I'm seeing:
  1. Roll your jeans!
    Rolled or cropped jeans so a little bit of ankle shows (saucy!) seems the way to go
  2. Jeans should fit close to the ankle
    Then tuck them in so they fit snugly to your ankle, or let them scrunch up. To me, it seems they look best if your jeans fit snugly all the way down your leg, even if they scrunch up then on the bottom
  3. The opening of the boots themselves should fit close to the ankle
    Otherwise it will look like you're a little girl wearing your moms high heels for dress up ;o)
Here are my two pairs, I'm learning!

Ankle boots

Hm, ankle boots...

No comments:

Post a Comment