header/navigation

LLLHeader2
Lavnav2_v4

Thursday, January 12, 2012

home remedy: apple cider vinegar

I've been feeling a bit under the weather lately. It started with the sniffles, then a sore throat. Then that subsided but I still have some chest congestion going on and all around winter unpleasantness.

I googled some home remedies to help me feel better and started reading about the benefits of apple cider vinegar. Which is apparently good for quite a lot!

Apple cider vinegar home remedy 

The claim is that the acid in apple cider vinegar helps kill bacteria. And is also good for helping clear up congestion. Here's more about using apple cider vinegar to treat sinus infections on Livestrong.com.

And, another article on Global Healing Center and WebMD.

I've been adding a tablespoon to a big big mug of hot water then adding a ton of honey, since the taste isn't that great and can sting some. In the beginning when I was trying to get over my sniffles, I think it may have helped some. Not within a half hour or so like some claim, but I did start to unstuff. I may have fully recovered then but we went away on vacation and I came down with a new bug then. But I'm keeping up the apple cider vinegar and we'll see if it helps!

Here's how I mix mine up:

Apple Cider Vinegar Tea Home Remedy

1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (Global Healing Center advises you can only get the benefits from the raw cider vinegar)
A big, over-sized mug of nice hot water
2 - 3 tablespoons of honey (or more to your taste)
  1. Add the vinegar to your empty cup (so you can eyeball a tablespoon)
  2. Fill with hot water
  3. Add honey to taste and mix up really well!
  4. Add water and honey as needed so you can tolerate the vinegar
Feel better!

1 comment:

  1. I know someone who regularly buys honey off me to make this remedy which he swears by to help with arthritis.

    ReplyDelete